Look for online announcements of upcoming presentations.
I will be hosting a series of free, short, fast-paced online programs for small business owners, self-employed folks and part-time freelancers. The intent is to help us prepare to save time and money on tax accounting in 2018. It will be Facebook Live presentation with the ability to ask questions during the program or ask for a one-on-one follow-up for further discussion.
The under-30-minute program focuses about one minute delivering key tips on each of these key items:
- Begin with the end in mind: your Schedule C goal
- Easy cheap mobile phone apps make it easy
- Electronic payments to improve collections and cut costs
- Income reporting issues: cash. loans and non-taxable items
- Using non-income accounts to defer and avoid tax
- Business expenses
- Health care expenses
- Vehicle deductions the easy way
- Business travel and entertainment
- Depreciation vs. expensing
- Understanding self-employment tax
- Estimated tax payments
- Home office expenses the safe way
- Understanding your audit risks
- Warning: Meeting record keeping requirements and practical issues
- Warning: Employee vs independent contractor
- Warning: 1099-MISC reporting requirements
- Payroll isn’t just for employees
At the end of the program I will offer a free one-on-on session to discuss issues privately as well as the option to add ridiculously inexpensive online accounting or payroll system.