Drake Software appears to be the overwhelming favorite tax preparation software for small accounting practices like mine.
The opening of the 2015 tax filing season is only two weeks away. I just finished a two hour continuing professional education program on the updated features for 2015 tax filing season. The improvements are quite impressive.
These are my unformatted notes from today’s webinar program:
- “Doublecheck” feature is new to help preparers check work. This is only visible to the preparer and only in the current year. It helps the preparer keep audit marks and notes in electronic format for easy retrieval.
- A new client tax organizer tool or slim organizer is available with fewer pages than in the past
- Tax system email now ties into Gmail more smoothly than in the past.
- SecureFilePro is a system to securely transport documents to and from the tax preparer. It now has a new feature for fast/easy but secure file transfer without the need to create a user account.
- New tool for comparing this year’s data entry to last year’s.
- A FAFSA worksheet is now available to make student aid filing easy
- Includes new tools for allocation of items among owners or partners
Nice Job Drake! Again! I look forward to using the Drake system for work with existing and new tax clients this year.