I typically stay in Atlantic City once or twice a year but the past few years were so stressful that I must have driven back home each night after business meetings rather than stay over. So it’s been longer than I realize since I’ve actually spent leisure time here. A few new observations:
– almost constant sirens downtown. Police, fire, ambulance every minute or so.
– lots of dogs at Harrahs. Seemed like a good idea until I saw on in the pool.
– Borgatta is more upscale but less ‘fun’ than Harrahs
– I easily forget how expensive a good meal can be down here. Even so, I did not find anything to brag about. $40 lunch, &70 dinner.
– obesity rate is astounding here
– Golden Nugget pool is a good place to be young and single and affluent especially if you come from South Philadelphia.
– Overall look and feel of down town economy is negative