I am thrilled to have served great clients in all 50 states and DC over a span of more than three decades as an independent accountant, controller, board member, coach and adviser. I’ve helped operate a wide range of businesses in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware ranging from an accounting and financial services firm to an organic farm, from a nonprofit community development group, a marina and seafood company, to an early internet technology company. Working through the startup struggles and seeing so many self-employed and small business clients eventually succeed is a fantastic reward.
Prior work through Freedom Benefits and OnlineAdviser consumer support services, I communicated with more than 50,000 users, mostly self-employed, by telephone and email in the 1990s. That work even led to an invitation by former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich to testify before Congress on consumer health care needs. In the early 2000s I produced a series of training recordings sold on CD (this was before podcasts) by Rockhurst University.
Now I’m focused on helping small Delaware Valley regional firms to incorporate technologies that allow more efficient workflows, maintain compliance and help us keep more of what we earn. If you would like to have a conversation about your situation or learn more about mine, I welcome a call at .
Our last full time employee was in 1995. Since the mid 1990s we have operated successfully as a virtual firm with contracted professional and nonprofessional specialists assembled for each engagement. We look forward to introducing a staff best suited to your specific project.
Services and pricing:
2) COMPLIANCE SERVICES including tax preparation and filing, audits, reviews, and financial reporting for government and stakeholders
3) OUTSOURCED CFO including financing, contracting, purchasing, performance-based service, data analytics, benchmarking, business advisory, and lean processes. This is like the in-house treasurer.
4) STRATEGIC PLANNING including clarifying the business plan, preparing financial forecasts, acquisitions, sales, mergers and succession planning.
More information about Tony Novak:
- Advice cited by The Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, and NJCPA Magazine.
- Served small business clients in all 50 states through a networked remote online practice.
- Over 2,000 short practical tax and employee benefits planning advice columns, blog posts and recordings published in multiple media formats since 1982.
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in the states of Delaware and New Jersey
- Masters of Taxation from Villanova School of Law with a focus on compensation planning
- Masters of Business Administration from Temple University in finance and accounting
- Bachelor of Science from Delaware Valley University with a focus on agriculture
- Credentials and certifications in farm and food safety
- Academic credentials
About the web site:
Tonynovak.com web site was launched more than 20 years ago and has accumulated more than 2,000 pages of small business tips, news clippings, former newspaper columns and other advice from Tony Novak. Some are outdated, but remain for a sense of perspective.