We are 56 days into the year and I find that Saturday mornings are a good time for me to do my own progress assessments. I encourage my clients to schedule quarterly progress assessments.
Things accomplished so far in 2023:
- Separating my professional services into three business brands: Nantuxent, SouthJersey.CPA and TaxProblems.CPA:
a. Trademark and licensing for each
b. Web site and social media channels for each.
c. Separate strategies and marketing channels for each.
- New technologies for handling money and paperwork.
- Engineering plan for the marina rebuild is ready sooner than expected.
- Joined mastermind group, in formation, with great leadership.
Things planned for 1st Q 2023 but not yet accomplished:
- Develop e-mail based communications of news and developments through Mailchimp.
- Organizing the growing list of automated financial transactions for all clients in QBO.
- Collect indications of investment interest in sustainable fisheries venture capital.
- Working capital to reopen my own businesses closed since March 2020 covid era.
Unexpected issues arising in 1st Q 2023:
- Continued loss of people and supporting businesses due to death, disability and bankruptcy: clients, part time workers – means new strategies are necessary.
- Decline of 2023 program funding for several local nonprofits – operations are temporarily suspended.
- Higher than expected loss of smaller revenue clients due to resistance to new fee schedule based on level of access to me. (This is what fees up time for this strategic work).
- Sudden legal issues:
- Christmas tree caper – potential $2,000+ loss to Baysave.
- Destroyed police records mystery – residual concern over internal affairs tension and news media coverage to follow.
- State insurance requirement for business stonewalled – the state’s red tape experts seem to be stymied?
- Tougher than expected Millville municipal zoning requirements – seeking a lawyer who understands local issues, that I can afford, without a conflict.
- Tougher than expected scheduling of RVN TV show – I will propose a change the agreement to adjust to changed circumstances.
- Tougher than expected CPA firm peer review.
- Restrictions on my account by Google and Facebook shut off incoming leads – I am revising strategies to be more independent of big tech companies.
New plans adapted for Q1:
- Convert my strong LinkedIn presence into a lead generation vehicle.