Novak Online Tax & Acounting
Tony Novak, CPA, MBA, MT
(610) 572-1724 firstname.lastname@example.org
Save time and money working with an online accountant
Ten tips for writing a strong business plan
by Tony Novak, CPA, MBA, MT
, revised 11/29/2011
1. Write It yourself. You will learn far more than if you use a professional writer or a canned template.
2. Break it down. Writing a whole business plan can be an overwhelming task but doing a small part is far more manageable. It will come together step-by-step .
3. Use fewer words. Outline format or bullet points are fine. Avoid long passages of text. Most business plans wind up being in excess of 20 pages anyway.
4. Get input. Get advice, feedback and comparisons from friends, advisers, and colleagues.
5. Discuss demand. Consider the size of your market. If you are proposing a new product or service, prove that the demand exists.
6. Discuss supply. List and describe your competitors.
7. Emphasize differences. Highlight the distinctions that make you different from your competitors. Be fair about your disadvantages.
8. Emphasize the marketing plan. This should be the most developed portion of your business plan.
9. Edit for consistency. Make sure the same numbers used in the text are reflected in the financial statements.
10. Update it often. Realize you plan will change before the ink dries, so keep a copy on your desk to be used for mark-ups and frequent revisions. Change is good.
Status: available for reprint
This article is available for republication in its entirety without charge after obtaining the express written permission of the author.
Pleasee-mail a request to the author that includes the name of the requestor (individual and corporate) and the intended destination of publication.
This Web site is independently owned and operated by Tony Novak operating under the trademarks “Freedom Benefits”, “OnlineAdviser” and “OnlineNavigator”. Opinions expressed are the sole responsibility of the author and do not represent the opinion of any other person, company or entity mentioned. Tony Novak is not a representative, agent, broker, producer or navigator for any securities broker dealer firm, federal or state health insurance marketplace or qualified health plan carrier and has no financial position in any stocks mentioned. Novak may act as and be compensated as an accountant, agent, adviser, writer, consultant, marketer, reviewer, endorser, producer, lead generator or referrer to the companies listed on this site or other commercial companies and non-governmental insurance exchanges. Information is from sources believed to be reliable but cannot be guaranteed. Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues or a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties.
141 Jones Street, Bala Cynwyd PA 19004 | P.O. Box 333, Newport NJ 08345